Friday, November 14, 2014

Annnnnnd......I'm back!

Have you missed me?  I knew that I hadn't written anything in a long time, but what I didn't realize that it has been almost TWO YEARS since I last wrote/published a post here.  How is that even possible?  

I think a large part of that reason is due to the fact that I had met a bit of a stalemate with my weight loss and wasn't feeling overly insightful.  Everyone who has battled weight loss can tell you that hitting a plateau is incredibly frustrating and it can be very difficult to not succumb to the woe-is-me feelings and give in to that extra piece of candy or slice of cake, thus irrevocably setting yourself up to only go backwards.  That's where I was.  

After losing 170 pounds, which even I can admit is an incredible feat, my weight loss just started to slow down and then eventually stabilized.  Luckily, I did not start gaining weight back and I was able to maintain, but that's never enough, especially when there are so many of those little pesky pounds yet to lose.  And that depressed me.  As much as I love to write, I just didn't feel like it and considering the fact that the name of this blog is Danielle, The Incredible Shrinking Woman, how could I write about a woman who was no longer shrinking?  

The funny thing is that currently, I still have mostly maintained my weight and many of those pesky pounds remain with me (apparently I'm a great person to hold on to!).  Although one might think that this fact would upset me, I'm actually OK with it because I learned something very positive about hitting a plateau after major weight loss.  Your body goes through so much physically when you lose such a large amount of weight, and it takes time for everything to get caught up, and that includes things like hormones.  Who'da thunk it?  I never really gave it too much thought, despite the fact that I have PCOS; maybe I should have because it turns out the positive thing about going through a plateau phase after significant weight loss is that it gives your body an easier (generally) ability to get pregnant.  And that's exactly what I am!  

So, stay tuned because I've been feeling a little more creative again these days and there are always fun and exciting (and gross!) things to share about pregnancy. Just you wait! And who knows, maybe I'll become one of those famous mom bloggers and I will be able to not only entertain you all, but also share my newly found abundance of child-rearing wisdom.  You lucky readers you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment