One of my favorite magazines to read is Us Weekly. It always has all the most updated stories with the latest juicy celebrity gossip, plus I have found that they also seem to have some standards and don't draw you in with crazy stories about a farm girl being abducted by aliens and then giving birth to a 25 pound baby, the way some magazines like Enquirer do. It's just ridiculous. I mean, I could see her being abducted and all...but a 25 pound baby?! That seems a little stretched if you ask me. Anyway, Us magazine not only brings forth the latest and greatest celebrity news, it also has some fun things thrown in like "Who Wore it Best?", "Stars: They're Just Like Us", and "25 Things You Didn't Know About Me". It was this last little fun topic that gave me the idea for this particular blog post, just because it's one of the things I like best about Us Weekly since it's a list of you guessed it, 25 things that you might not know about certain celebrities, and the celebrities actually write it themselves. It just makes it a little more personal. When reading that section, I can actually picture myself sitting down with Mila Kunis and listening to her tell me about how breaking up with Macaulay Culkin was the best decision she ever made, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was the movie she had the most fun filming, and how she prefers Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi. <--Totally just made all that up, but it sounded good, right?
Seeing as how I'm not a celebrity (yet!), most of the people reading my blog are people who already know me personally and therefore have a decent-to-good chance of already knowing a fair amount of the things about me on this list. Those of you who know me really well or have just been friends with me forever, there likely will not be anything on this list that you don't already know or couldn't have guessed on your own, but I did attempt to dig deep and find things that might surprise some of you. You'll have to let me know how I did in the Comments section.
So, without further adieu, and in no particular order, I give you 25 Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. When I was younger I was completely obsessed with Tina Turner, to the point where I wanted her to come live with us and every time I went into a drugstore with my mom, I wanted to buy bright red lipstick "for Tina".
2. I often have clairvoyant dreams.
3. My sister Emily and I share a sort of sister ESP.
4. If I had to live off of one food for the rest of my life, it would be mashed potatoes.
5. I was once actually accused of being a stalker. Nothing legal came of it, but we can suffice it to say that the particular person accusing me obviously had herself a bit of an inflated ego.
6. Guilty pleasure #2 (Reading celebrity magazines was #1): I love to watch the Kardashian shows.
7. It may sound corny, but I feel like there's a novel inside me just waiting to be written and that by doing this blog it will get me in the better habit of writing, thus leading to my novel debut!
8. I have known that I wanted to have a baby since I was literally five years old.
9. One of my biggest fears is that I won't be able to have any children.
10. Due to my ex and my own bad decisions, I have a lot of debt (in addition to student loans) that I am trying to maintain.
11. Lucille Ball is my all-time favorite actress.
12. I'm addicted to buying DVDs out of the $5 bins at Walmart.
13. As much as I want kids, I worry about missing my "me" time once I have them.
14. My dream (and hopeful!) honeymoon destination is Hawaii.
15. Roland and I actually have very little in common with each other when it comes down to personal interests.
16. Roland's mother and I actually have more in common than Roland and I do.
17. I often picture myself retiring in California where I will spend my time breeding dogs and riding horses on the beach.
18. Occasionally (depending on the joke) I try to suppress my laughter at Roland's jokes in front of him because my laughing only encourages him to make more corny jokes.
19. I have been given many nicknames throughout my life: Mish/Mishy (given to me by my grandfather and to this day we have no idea how he came up with that), Smelly Danielley (affectionately shortened to Smell), Danielle-ski (the nickname that replaced Smelly Danielley from one particular uncle), Dee, D-Mag, and Yell.
20. I have been present during the deaths of two very important people to me - my mom and my grandfather.
21. My ideal vacation includes being somewhere warm, by the water, where I can spend all of my time lying in the sun and drinking fruity drinks with the little umbrellas in them.
22. When my sister Emily was a baby, I dropped her on her head not once, but twice. She's fine.
23. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which should hopefully clear up as I continue to lose weight.
24. I have no trouble baby-talking to animals (especially to my dogs) but I find it weird and uncomfortable doing it to actual babies.
25. I have a celebrity cheat list that includes four guys and one girl.